Reporting to the Service Delivery Manager, your main duties will be to ensure the progression and swift resolution of calls logged with the Service Desk and delivering superior services in line with Service Level Agreements whilst managing client expectations.
Throughout the service desk process, you will remain the single point of contact with the customer, maintaining ownership of the original fault and acting as the main point of contact between the customer and ITRM, providing timely updates, ensuring the fault is assigned the correct level of priority and attention.
This is a demanding support position, which calls for excellent customer service skills, the ability to articulate solutions clearly and confidently to end users and a broad technical knowledge across a range of technologies
• Administering and supporting the customer’s infrastructure
• Delivering second line support
• Demonstrating the ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex issues
• Planning and recommending enhancements to ensure that IT capacity meets current and future business requirements in a cost-effective manner
• Customer site visits
• Complete proactive works, including but not limited to: Windows patching, network device firmware updates, setup of SNMP monitoring, documentation creation and review of Office365 secure score.
• New desktop and laptop setups, including other minor implementation works. This may be performed remotely or on the client site, depending upon the scope of works.
The IT Service Desk is made up of a team of engineers covering all support tiers and abilities, from 1st line apprentice engineers through to 3rd line engineers. We also have a team of consultancy resources; however, they do not work permanently on the Service Desk.
The Service Desk, based in Sidcup, is responsible for the provision of IT services and support to 100+ clients across the UK. The successful candidate will be required to work closely with the Sales Team and Account Managers, Consultancy, Business Operations, and other members of the ITRM team.
Duties and responsibilities
• Handle escalated calls from first line Service Desk
• Administer and maintain customer infrastructure, including Active Directory, Azure AD, LAN, Internet access, firewalls and Exchange/Office 365
• Monitor and troubleshoot server and network performance utilising the monitoring system to ensure any necessary action is taken
• Administer backup and disaster recovery systems and processes
• Management of relationships with third parties and suppliers
• Keep operational documentation up to date
• Attend client sites for issue resolution and pro-active maintenance
• Out-of-hours and/or on-call working is periodically required
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012/2016/2019 including NLB and clustering
• Good knowledge of Hyper-V and VMware ESX
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Exchange Server and Office 365
• Strong knowledge/experience of troubleshooting networking protocols and technologies such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, routing and vLANs
• Good Knowledge of backup and DR services (Backup Exec, Datto, Azure)
• Experience in managing Cisco switches and routers.
• Good knowledge of Avaya phone systems and Gamma Horizon.
• Knowledge of iSCSI/Fibre channel Storage Area Networks, such as EMC
• Knowledge of Windows Script Host/VBScript/ PowerShell
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7-10
• MCSA/MCITP: Server Administrator/VCP or equivalent IT qualifications an advantage
• A strong desire and focus on continued improvements to the department and personally.
• A desire to be part of an overall team and achieve team goals
• To continually strive to improve overall firm effectiveness
• Strong communicator
• Confident mentor of other members of the Service Desk.
• Natural aptitude for troubleshooting and problem solving
• Proven ability to work under pressure and with other people
• Strong time management and self-motivation skills
• A lateral thinker
• Keeping up to date with current industry trends and emerging technologies and best practices
• Must be able to demonstrate a ‘customer first’ approach to support
• 3 years+ experience on a helpdesk, technical support or similar role, preferably in an MSP environment.
• Access to own vehicle required
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required. You will also be expected to undertake duties which may not be listed on this job description as directed by your line manager which will be deemed as reasonable within the scope of the role.
This role will report to the Service Delivery Manager.
• Annual salary depending upon experience.
• Paid overtime or time off in lieu
• Out of hours support rota, paid as a retainer.
• Working hours on a shift basis as follows:
- 07:00am until 3:45pm
- 08:45am until 5:30pm
- 09:15am until 6:00pm
• Contributory pension scheme (after 3 months service and successful completion of probationary period)
• Twenty-five days annual leave.