3rd Line Support Analyst
The main duties of the role will be to ensure the progression and swift resolution of calls logged with the Service Desk and delivering superior services in line with Service Level Agreements and managing client expectations
The role will involve supporting the customer’s infrastructure including server, storage, network, data and applications as well as occasional project based work to improve and enhance the infrastructure environment. The 3rd Line support analyst will have a solid background working within a busy IT team; experience in supporting a range of technical solutions, Servers, desktops, and operating systems. The 3rd Line support analyst must have strong experience of technical troubleshooting and problem solving. Depending on projects and tasks, the individual will be required to be available for queries during out of office hours. In addition, you will handle escalated calls from the first and second level tiers
This is a demanding support position, which calls for excellent customer service skills, the ability to articulate solutions clearly and confidently to end users and possess a detailed technical knowledge across a broad range of technologies.
- Administering and supporting the customer’s infrastructure
- Delivering third line support and infrastructure projects
- Recommending and delivering improved IT infrastructure systems
- Demonstrating the ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex issues
- Planning and recommending enhancements to ensure that IT capacity meets current and future business requirements in a cost effective manner
- Managing IT projects to meet pre-defined objectives
The IT Service Desk is made up of a team of engineers covering all support tiers and abilities, from junior 1st line apprentices through to technical consultants.
The Service Desk, based in Sidcup, is responsible for the provision of IT services and support to 100+ clients across the UK. The successful candidate will be required to work closely with the Sales and Account Managers, Consultancy, Business Operations and other members of the IT team.
Duties and responsibilities
- Handle escalated calls from first/second line Service Desk
- Administer and maintain customer infrastructure, including Active Directory, LAN, Internet access, firewalls and Exchange/Office 365
- Administer VMware and Citrix Infrastructures including SAN environments
- Administer Avaya telephony systems
- Monitor and troubleshoot server and network performance utilising the monitoring system to ensure any necessary action is taken
- Administer backup and disaster recovery systems and processes
- Management of relationships with third parties and suppliers
- Keep operational documentation up-to-date
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 including NLB and clustering
- Excellent knowledge of VMware vSphere 5.0+ in an enterprise environment
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Exchange Server and Office 365
- Thorough knowledge/experience of troubleshooting networking protocols and technologies such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, routing and vLANs
- Strong Knowledge of backup and DR services (Backup Exec, Datto, Azure)
- Experience in installing, configuring and managing Cisco switches and routers.
- Good knowledge of Avaya phone systems
- Knowledge of iSCSI/Fibre channel Storage Area Networks, such as EMC
- Knowledge of Windows Script Host/VBScript/ PowerShell
- Experience of patch management deployment/Windows Software Update Services
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7+
- Understanding of VOIP
- MCSE/MCITP: Enterprise Administrator or Server Administrator/VCP or equivalent IT Qualifications an advantage
- Ability to perform Research and Development into systems in preparation for implementation/third line support
- Provide technical leadership during
- A strong desire and focus on continued improvements and personal development
- A desire to be part of an overall team and achieve team goals
- To continually strive to improve overall firm effectiveness
- Strong communicator
- Natural aptitude for troubleshooting and problem solving
- Proven ability to work under pressure and with other people
- Strong time management and self-motivation skills
- A lateral thinker
- Keeping up to date with current industry trends and emerging technologies and best practices
- Must be able to demonstrate a ‘customer first’ approach to support
- 5 years + experience on a helpdesk, technical support or similar role
- Access to own vehicle required
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required. You will also be expected to undertake duties which may not be listed on this job description as directed by your line manager which will be deemed as reasonable within the scope of the role.
This role will report to the Service Desk Manager.
- Annual salary depending upon experience.
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu
- Working hours are 08:45am until 5:30pm with occasional extended hours where required
- Contributory pension scheme (after 3 months service and successful completion of probationary period)
- Twenty days annual leave. On 1 January, following completion of 1 years’ service with the firm, your entitlement will increase to 21 days. The entitlement increases by a further day on 1 January following completion of 2, 3, 4 and 5 years’ service, giving a maximum of 25 days after 5 years’ service.