Account Manager - Job Purpose
To manage a profitable and sustainable client base for ITRM, establishing ITRM as a trusted partner in IT Managed Services. The key to your own personal success will be your ability to generate new business, develop accounts and achieve levels of activity that result in increased revenue for the business and customer success/satisfaction.
This role is full-time, based in our Sidcup office.
The Sales Department is led by our Head of Sales & Marketing and is made up of a team of Account Managers, New Business Development Managers, Sales Operations and Marketing & Communications.
Based in Sidcup, the Sales team is responsible for the provision of IT services and support to 100+ clients across the UK. You will be required to work closely with each member of the Sales department along with key members of our ITRM team.
- Winning and securing new business through existing clients
- Upselling services & products
- Retention of client accounts
- Developing long-term trusted relationships with clients
- Preparing client proposals and report documents
- Account Managing existing and new ITRM clients to ensure services required are delivered both face to face and over the phone
- Integration with technical departments – being a central point of contact for queries, new business, ongoing contracts etc.
- Achieving your client and team goals
- Arranging meetings with clients, presentations and proposals as required for continuance of existing and winning new business
- Negotiation of contacts, services and new business. Using your sales and marketing skills to influence decisions, in an ethical and professional manner
- Providing value added service, ensuring the absolute highest of standards at all times
- Maintaining data integrity on ITRM corporate databases in line with GDPR
- Keeping abreast of technical and industry information - analysis of your market area, keeping up with and reporting on industry fluctuations, market conditions and competitor activity
- Updating the CRM platform with all client communications
Any other responsibilities as may reasonably be required from time to time.
Required skills & qualifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Can work on own initiative.
- Strong sales skills.
- Strong collaboration skills.
- Excellent negotiation & persuasion skills.
- High-quality networking skills.
- Strong resilience.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- High competency with Microsoft Office and CRM software.
- At least 3 years’ experience of working within a sales or account management role.
- Experience working within an IT or Technical role.
- A proven track record of sales success.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written).
- Excellent customer focus –acts with the customer in mind, values the importance of providing high-quality customer service.
- Smart, professional and presentable.
- A strong desire and focus on continued improvement and personal development.
- Results driven and action oriented.
- Has a keen interest in IT.
- Can build and maintain highly effective working relationships with a range of people (both internally and externally ).
- Enthusiastic and energetic.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed within this role. It is not a comprehensive list of all duties. You will also be expected to undertake duties as directed by your line manager which will be deemed as reasonable within the scope of the role.