The purpose of this role is to provide services to all sections of the business, to provide guidance and recommendations on the design, build and implementation of systems, with the aim of reducing the workload and increasing the efficiency of operations throughout the business, within a quality controlled environment.
The role will encompass collaboration with all sections of the company to ensure processes are as efficient as possible, and to ensure the systems and services we provide, install, use and supply, are built and monitored to documented quality standards. This includes prioritizing requests from around the company fairly and maintaining good communication with all departments and interested parties.
The role will also be responsible for taking control of the current Professional Services Automation (PSA) platform which is currently comprised of Autotask, AEM and Quotewerks. Other tools and system maybe added where necessary, and will then form part of the PSA platform.
- Provide guidance and recommendations on the design of new infrastructure and advising on improvements to existing infrastructure, whether internal or external.
- Automated builds of Microsoft Azure and O365 environments.
- Designing, implementing and testing agreed-upon infrastructure.
- Provide direct server support during various operations such as deployment and general production
- Collaborating with developers and engineers to make sure new environments meet requirements and conform to best practices and quality standards.
- Automating, where possible, the deployment of applications, system configurations and security settings to systems.
- Maintenance and Improvement of the Company Quality Standards for deploying IT Infrastructure. This includes compiling and maintaining Quality Standards for the design, build, implementation and ongoing monitoring of systems.
- Carrying out quality control of all systems installed and of any changes made to those systems.
- Managing breaches to the Quality Control system.
- Manage the current hosting environments and consolidate where possible.
- Advise on improvements and changes to the current hosting platforms, with the aim of reducing costs and improving quality and efficiency.
- Administering and maintaining the current PSA platform, including adding users to the system, specifying security levels and other administrative settings as needed.
- Communicate, and where possible, test upcoming changes to the PSA platform to ensure a smooth and efficient usage of the PSA platform prior to and post change, whilst utilising new features as necessary.
- Provide support for the PSA platform and escalate to the relevant support as needed.
- Recommend improvements for enhancing performance within the PSA.
- Identify problems, provide alternatives where necessary, and assist with the implementation of those modifications.
- Provide support for Integrations between the systems.
- Provide scripting support, if required, within the PSA Platform.
- Providing reports or assistance with existing reports.
Essential Scripting Skills
- PowerShell and C#