Reporting to the Service Delivery Manager, as a Senior Implementation Engineer you will be required to provide project implementation services to ITRM’s clients.
General Summary of key responsibilities -
- Encourage and promote ITRM services and capabilities.
- Provide a quality customer focussed approach ensuring work is carried out accurately and to the specified standards, with a smooth delivery.
- Work closely with the Resource Manager in line with the Resource Management Process.
- Creation of work packages for delivery and working closely with the Resource Manager for scheduling.
- To be responsible for high quality, customer centric communication throughout the project lifecycle.
- Provide training and support where included in scope to the specified standards.
- Joint responsibility for the transition of projects from the technical solutions team into in the implementation phase.
- Joint responsibility for the transition of projects from the implementation phase to business as usual including defining and the delivery of comprehensive technical documentation.
- Responsible for Project Management for all implementations where an ITRM Project Manager has not been assigned.
- Securing customer sign off at the end of an implementation or project
- Participate in lessons learned activities providing valuable feedback to the technical solutions team including the maintenance of ITRM’s technical standards.
- To be a technical stakeholder supporting the Project Manager or Account Manager in customer meetings.
- Provide technical leadership, support and mentoring to the junior members of the team.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed within this role. It is not a comprehensive list of all duties. You will also be expected to undertake duties as directed by your line manager which will be deemed as reasonable within the scope of the role.
At least 1-2 years implementing the following technologies:
- Servers Hardware, Dell EqualLogic SAN’s,
- Desktops and Laptops
- Switches, Firewalls, Routers and UPS
- Microsoft Windows 7 to Windows 10
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 to 2019
- Microsoft Office 2003 to 2016
- Microsoft Exchange 2003 to 2016
- Microsoft Office 365; Exchange On-line – EMS and Teams
- Microsoft Azure Platform Virtual Machine Hosting
- Virtualisation Software, VM Ware and Hyper-V
- Email, Web and Cloud App Security Filtering Services
- AntiVirus Services
- Avaya Phone Systems
- Apple OSX & Hardware
- Hosted Telephony
- SharePoint online
- IT and/or Microsoft qualifications (MCSE, MCITP, CCNA)
The successful applicant must be well organised, have good interpersonal skills, be able to work under pressure and be committed to providing excellent client service.
- Demonstrated self-starter with ability to plan and prioritise workload
- Demonstrated data analysis and reporting skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Excellent Troubleshooting skills – able to demonstrate an analytical and logical approach
- Results and action oriented.
- Good team player with a growth mind-set.
- Good presentation skills required for promoting our strong vision and values.
- Ensure that through self-study that knowledge is both relevant and current with technology, innovation and industry standards.
- Driving licence and access to a car.