Job Specification – Service Delivery Manager
Reporting to the Service Delivery Director and supported by the Chief Technology Officer, you will be responsible for the delivery of exceptional levels of service and support to both internal and external clients across an estate of 100+ sites and a range of different industry sectors. Your main duties will be to ensure the swift resolution of incidents and problems logged with the Service Desk, co-ordinating all appropriate resources to deliver support services in line with service level agreements and ITIL best practices.
This is a key role within the organisation requiring the ability to make an impact in developing a renewed approach with systems, people and processes to improve upon the current service levels delivered to our client base.
- Managing and directing the daily activities of the department. Planning, and managing functions concerning the Service Desk operational environment.
- Develop and grow the team – assess and justify training needs and business benefit.
- Managing 15 direct reports who are currently working remotely due to COVID, including regular performance reviews, devising personal development plans, dealing with disciplinary issues, authorising absence, expenses and overtime; and a facilitating quality, timely communication.
- There is a 1st Line Team Leader and a 2nd Line Team Leader who assist you with the tactical management duties of their respective teams.
- Serve as a positive, dynamic leader that displays the best work ethic, creative problem solving skills and team orientated proactive approach.
- Influencing the development and administration of ITRM’s professional services automation and remote management and monitoring platforms as well as other systems to automate, refine and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of delivering support services to our clients.
- Continuously review and define key measures and KPIs to be maintained, as well as the structure for management information reports.
- Practicing and ensuring compliance with that of all the organisation's policies and procedures.
- Embed a culture of and lead the regular updating and delivery of changes as detailed in the continual service improvement register.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of a customer experience strategy and where responsible, deliver against customer experience objectives and measures, e.g. CSAT and NPS.
- Development of service desk processes in line with ITIL best practices. This includes but is not limited to: incident, major incident, service fulfilment, access management, problem, change and event.
- Acting as a Major Incident Manager where required, both in and out of business hours.
- Acting as a Problem Manager, including trending of incidents.
- Managing department profit and loss along with budgetary planning.
- To build and develop upon the existing IT service desk environment and the Service Desk Team, to ensure Service Desk targets are achieved.
- Define, review, assess and implement SLAs, processes and procedures, then managing those standards, achieving 90% overall customer satisfaction.
- Ownership of the out of hours support service, including being available as an escalation point.
- Ownership and refinement of the client on-boarding process.
Communication, Reporting & Relationship Management
- Working closely with the Consultancy and Pre-Sales teams to ensure proper handover of environments to BAU support, including deputising for the Professional Services Manager when required.
- Support account managers when managing client escalations.
- Design and lead service improvement plans where a client has registered a complaint or concerns around service levels.
- Regular presentation of reports and department performance statistics to Leadership Group and at monthly Managers Meetings.
- ITRM have relationships with non-competing peers in the MSP industry which we value and expect the successful candidate to form a key player in these relationships.
- Generate and evolve client quarterly service reporting for all clients via the Account Manager.
- Experience in managing an MSP service desk is essential.
- Ability to inspire and support teams and individuals.
- Good people and interpersonal skills to build effective relationships with all levels of professionals.
- Ability to plan well and prioritise work.
- Maintain calmness under pressure.
- Strong people skills and comfortable in picking up the phone and talking to customers
- Strong decision-making and communication skills.
- Ability to understand as well as grasp basic customer information.
- Ability to handle diverse people.
- Excellent communication, customer service, interpersonal, written and presentation skills.
- Good hands-on and relevant technical experience required from previous technical roles.
- Experience/Qualifications in implementing best practice processes, specifically around ITIL.
The key to success within this role is ensuring that you and the team work effectively to give a comprehensive, professional service to our clients. As a leader within this organisation, you will be expected to fully embrace our Vision, Mission and Values and lead from the front at all times.