Essential Guidance - Infrastructure & Ongoing Support
Use experienced infrastructure providers
- Look for a bespoke implementation service
- Support must be a essential part of any key infrastructure purchase
- Ensure appropriate mix of onsite and remote (telephone) support
Support needs to include a planned preventative maintenance schedule
- Keeps any expanded / changed requirements at the forefront
- Ensures any issues are highlighted early before any unplanned business impact
Support should address appropriate support SLAs for all components
- Critical components (e.g. server and networking equipment) – e.g. 4 hours.
- Non-critical equipment - workstations, printers etc – e.g. 8 hours.
- Office / desk moves etc – project based.