The Princess Alexandra NHS Trust
The Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust (PAH) is located in Harlow, Essex and provides care and treatment to a population of nearly 258,000 people. ITRM were commissioned to build an informational Intranet to serve the 3500 onsite staff.
The major features included:
- Content managed sections for every department of the hospital
- Document management system
- News section
- RSS feed subscription
Objectives for the Document Management System
- To create a robust system to effectively manage the thousands of documents in the PAH repository.
- To be able to quickly and easily search the document management system.
- To create a system that manages the process of review, approval and amendment of new documents to be loaded onto the system.
- To restrict access to various sections of the system based on user group.
- To be able to access the system from any location securely.
- To provide on-going support services and additional development.
ITRM engaged with PAH from the outset of the project to fully understand their current internal processes, from here we were able to specify a solution that would not only meet the needs of the organisation but further their productivity and streamline their procedures.
After the creation and presentation of several beta versions of the system, the completed application went live in November 2008. ITRM assisted PAH’s own internal IT department with the installation and rollout of the new system and provided training to key users.
Since go-live, ITRM have been providing on-going support and maintenance to PAH. This service includes regular updates, monthly re-indexing and an allocated amount of further development time in order to ensure the continued performance of the application and maximise PAH’s return on their investment.