Senior Presales Consultant Job Role
The role will involve direct working across the internal business, with Sales in the main but also with our Service Delivery teams, to implement what has been solutioned and sold. Similarly, the role will demand good vendor and distributor interaction to ensure we are up to date and working on the right technology as well as getting them involved where needed.
We regularly deliver the following type of projects:
- Digital transformation to SaaS, PaaS and IaaS based solutions
- Email migrations to cloud
- File data migrations to cloud using the likes of SharePoint, Teams and Azure File Sync.
- App migrations to cloud
- Virtual workspaces
- Collaboration with Microsoft Teams
- Windows Virtual Desktop
- Data Protection and Disaster Recovery
- Security by design – endpoint, MFA, email, browsing, cloud apps, user training and assessment etc.
Any certifications in the above technologies would be highly beneficial but training will be provided.
Duties and responsibilities
We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to work with and support our Sales team, define innovative and at times, complex solutions supporting the above and using the likes of Microsoft 365 and many of the subscription options, Microsoft Azure, Cisco, Dell and other leading vendor solutions across a range of requirements. We work in various sectors so experience across financial services, legal and the not-for-profit would be advantageous but not essential. Similarly, responding to tenders and other such requests is part of the role.
With a focus on high integrity of design, quality, commercial consideration and customer service, you will need to work closely with the Sales team, Project Management and Service Delivery teams to ensure that new customers are on-boarded in a cohesive and streamlined fashion. Managing customer expectations is key to the role.
Key focus areas
- The successful creation of fit-for-purpose best practice solution and services designs that meet the organisation’s desired outcomes and ensures that you exercise full ownership and on-boarding responsibility when a customer is assigned to you post sales leadership approval or as technical lead/authority on a project.
- Collaborating with others in the Consultancy team to deliver exemplary standards of design and support balanced against the commercial and practical realities of our business, our customers’ business and the specific opportunity ahead of us. To assist the CTO in the development of suitable performance metrics for team-based targets in agreement with Sales and working with the PMO team to define and refine best practice ‘end-to-end’ processes across our technology and service delivery to minimise risk and maximise profit.
- Ensuring that your technological competence remains current and fit-for-purpose such that our design and presales support remains up to date, technologically correct and relevant to our customers.
- Supporting the CTO in delivering vCTO type consulting services where required.
- Excellent soft-skills (communication, coordination , negotiation)
- Strong written communication and presentation skills
- Skilled at asking the right questions
- Strong customer focus
- Excellent knowledge of product/service offerings
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong time management
- Strong commercial acumen
- Technical leadership
- Have a growth mindset
- Takes ownership
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required. You will also be expected to undertake duties which may not be listed on this job description as directed by your line manager which will be deemed as reasonable within the scope of the role.
This role will report to the Chief Technology Officer.
- Annual salary depending upon experience.
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu
- Working hours are 08:45am until 5:30pm with occasional extended hours where required
- Contributory pension scheme (after 3 months service and successful completion of probationary period)
- 25 days annual leave. The entitlement increases by a further day with each completed 5 years of service.