The role will involve directly working with our varied client base to provide detailed designs and implement various solutions on the successful opportunity wins by our Sales and Presales teams.
Working with our Project Management Office, you will be working as part of a wider project team, as technical lead at times, ensuring the successful planning and delivery of our solutions to our clients.
Another part of our work includes more strategic guidance and consultancy to our clients under our Advisory business. This includes building Technology Strategies and delivering them as well as taking our clients through Cyber Essentials, Cyber Essentials Plus and ISO 27001, so experience in more advisory style consulting would be beneficial as well as awareness of CE and ISO requirements.
We regularly deliver the following type of projects:
Digital transformation to SaaS, PaaS and IaaS based solutions
- Email migrations to cloud
- File data migrations to cloud using the likes of SharePoint, Teams and Azure File Sync.
- App migrations to cloud
- Virtual workspaces
- Collaboration with Microsoft Teams
- Windows Virtual Desktop
- Data Protection and Disaster Recovery
- Security by design – endpoint, MFA, email, browsing, cloud apps, user training and assessment etc.
- Defining Technology Strategies to underpin business plans
- Defining Application Frameworks
- Maturing IT-as-a-Service within Organisations
- Trusted Technology Advisor to Executive Teams
- Requirements, Definition, Selection & Procurement of key line of business applications
Duties and responsibilities
We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to work with our Consultancy team and drive our innovation and strategy work whilst becoming part of a wider technical team.
We work in various sectors so experience across financial services, legal, sport and the not-for-profit would be advantageous but not essential. Similarly, responding to tenders and other such requests is part of the role.
Any certifications in the above technologies would be highly beneficial but training will be provided.
• To provide senior IT consultancy services to ITRM clients and potential clients
• To be involved in the design and validation of solutions for clients and potential clients
• To play an active role in our technical strategic team and contribute to the development of our services and solutions portfolio
• Encourage and promote ITRM services and capabilities
• Provide a quality customer focussed approach ensuring work is carried out accurately and efficiently
• Ensuring regular feedback is provided to customers in line with ITRM procedures
• Provide/Co-ordinate training and support as required by customers and colleagues
• To assist with 3rd line IT support to all ITRM employees & supported clients
• Define, promote and review architectural design and technical pre-sales processes
• Design infrastructure solutions through architectural best practice
• Scope complex and critical projects for handover to delivery units
• Assess and promote relevant technology innovations
• Define and deliver comprehensive technical handover documentation
• Producing compelling proposal documentation throughout the full sales lifecycle
• Excellent soft-skills (communication, coordination , negotiation)
• Strong written communication and presentation skills
• Skilled at asking the right questions
• Strong customer focus
• Excellent knowledge of product/service offerings
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to learn quickly
• Strong time management skills
• Strong organisational skills
• Strong collaboration skills
• Flexible and adaptable
• Confident decision making
• Strong commercial acumen
• Technical leadership
• Have a growth mindset
• Takes ownership
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required. You will also be expected to undertake duties which may not be listed on this job description as directed by your line manager which will be deemed as reasonable within the scope of the role.
This role will report to the Chief Technology Officer.
• Annual salary depending upon experience.
• Paid overtime or time off in lieu
• Working hours are 08:45am until 5:30pm with occasional extended hours where required
• Contributory pension scheme (after 3 months service and successful completion of probationary period)
• 25 days annual leave. The entitlement increases by a further day with each completed 5 years of service.